MSC Seaside represents the first cruise ship with a water displacement of 160000 tons and a passenger capacity of 5179 people belonging to the newest Seaside project. Her first cruise took place in December 2017.
The size of an interior cabin is equal to 14 square meters. The main sleeping accommodation for all the cabin categories consists of 2 beds joined together or separated according to your preferences. Additional sleeping accommodation is represented by Pullman beds located above the main ones.
Interior cabin on the MSC Seaside cruise ship
The area of the oceanview cabin amounts to 17 sq. m. Additional sleeping accommodation in such cabins is represented by a sofa that can be transformed into a bunk bed. The maximum number of persons such a cabin can accommodate is 4. The cabins having a window are located on the 5th deck.
Oceanview cabin on MSC Seaside
The area of a balcony cabin equals 17 square meters. Additional sleeping accommodation in such a type of cabin is represented by a sofa that can be transformed into a bunk bed. The maximum number of people to be accommodated here is equal to 4 passengers. Balconies are equipped with small tables and chairs.
Balcony cabin on MSC Seaside
The area of a suite varies from 17 to 28 sq. m. with a maximum of 4 persons to be accommodated. Additional sleeping accommodation is represented by a sofa, which can be transformed into a bunk bed. Cabins No. 9255, 9258, 10273, 10264, 11273, 11264, 12267, 12260, 13275, 13264, 14271, 14262, 15239, and 15236 are located on the ship’s stern and have a corner balcony.
Suites belonging to the Fantastica category can be found in the middle part of the cruise ship (decks 9 -15). Aurea category suites are on the 9th deck and have large terraces equipped with deck chairs.
There are one-room suites on board having 28-square-meter balconies equipped with jacuzzis. Such suites are located in the middle part of the ship on decks 9 - 15. Such a cabin can accommodate up to 5 passengers. Additional sleeping places are as follows: a sofa that can be transformed into a bunk bed, and a folding armchair.
There are also single interior cabins having an area of 21 square meters on the cruise ship. They can be found on decks 16 and 18 in the MSC Yacht Club area. These cabins are intended for 2 passengers maximum and are equipped with coffee machines.
Deluxe Suites with an area of 25 square meters including balconies are located on the 16th and 18th decks inside the MSC Yacht Club zone. The maximum number of passengers they can accommodate is equal to 4 people. A sofa transformed into a bunk bed represents additional sleeping accommodation. Such a cabin has a coffee machine whereas its bathroom is equipped with a shower cabin.
Two cabins attributed to the Royal Suite category and having an area of 62 sq. m. including a balcony can be found on deck 16th inside the MSC Yacht Club area. Such cabins can accommodate up to 4 passengers. Balconies of such cabins are equipped with jacuzzis, deck chairs, and dining tables whereas bathrooms are equipped with full-sized baths.
Each cabin on board has a TV with an interactive menu allowing you to find out the program of the day, as well as monitor your cruise bill, etc., an air conditioner, a safe deposit box, a hair dryer, a telephone, a mini bar, an ice bucket, and glasses. All the cabins are equipped with two 220 V sockets and two USB outlets. One more universal outlet can be found in the bathroom.
A bathroom is spacious enough in every cabin. Shower cabins have doors instead of curtains. Liquid soap dispensers in bathrooms are installed for washing hands, whereas shower cabins are equipped with dispensers containing shampoo and shower gel. A rope for drying clothes can also be found.
Food on MSC Seaside
The cost of the cruise includes food in the following restaurants:
Marketplace Buffet & Restaurant is the main restaurant that can be found on deck 8 and is open for breakfast from 06:30 to 11:00, for lunch from 12:00 to 15:00, and for dinner as well. Breakfast and lunch are served according to the buffet system, whereas dinner is served à la carte.
Biscayne Bay Buffet & Pizza represents the buffet restaurant and is located on the 16th deck. Breakfast is served here from 08:00 to 11:00, lunch is from 13:00 to 16:00, whereas dinner is available from 18:30 to 21:30. Snacks are served from 16:30 up to 17:30 and from 22:00 to 2 at night. The grill station is open from 13:00 to 15:30, whereas the pizzeria is available from noon to midnight.
Seashore Restaurant is an à la carte restaurant. It can be found on deck 5. It can be visited for breakfast from 08:00 to 09:30 and for dinner as well. Breakfast is served according to a first come first served principle, whereas for dinner passengers have designated tables.
Ipanema Restaurant is the main restaurant working according to the à la carte system. It is located on deck 6, is open for dinner only, and has 3 sittings.
There are 5 more specialty restaurants on board as well available for an additional payment. They are as follows:
- Bistrot La Bohème, a restaurant serving French cuisine (deck 8)
- Ocean Cay, the fish restaurant located on deck 16
- Butcher's Cut, deck
- Sushi Bar & Pan Asian, deck 16
- Teppanyaki by Roy Yamaguchi, deck 16
To find out the opening hours of the restaurants mentioned above you should consult the program of the day as they may vary every day depending on whether the cruise ship is at sea or in the port.
Entertainment on Board
The cruise ship is equipped with the following entertaining facilities:
- 3 swimming pools one of which has a retractable roof and 12 jacuzzis;
- SPA center which is open from 9 in the morning to 9 in the evening, yoga room, and beauty salon; thermal area visit costs 60 USD per person or 90 USD for 2 persons, whereas a 7-day pass will cost you 190 USD, and 280 USD for 2 persons (deck 8);
- the gym with an area of 870 sq. m. and working hours from 6 in the morning up to 22:00 (deck 8);
- Aquaventure Park, open from 10:00 up to 18:00; depending on the weather conditions working hours may vary (deck 18);
- 2 open 160-meter water slides;
- sports ground for playing basketball, volleyball, tennis, and mini football;
- 105-meter long Zipline bungee;
- theater with a capacity of 934 seats where performances take place in 4 sittings. The advanced reservation of seats is required and can be done using MSC for Me App or the interactive display (decks 6 and 7);
- 5D cinema, Formula-1 simulator, full-sized bowling, opening hours of which are from 14:00 up to midnight (deck 7);
- casino (deck 7);
- Infinity Bridge, transparent panoramic bridge;
- 2 glass panoramic lifts;
- shops (deck 6);
- library and board games, round the clock (deck 7);
- photo gallery;
- excursion office;
- slot machines, round the clock (deck 7);
- kids’ club including 6 clubs for children of all age categories (deck 18);
- babysitter services (children from 3 to 11 may be left from 23:00 to 02:00).
MSC Seaside Peculiarities
- A large number of open areas is the principal peculiarity of the cruise ship;
- It is the first MSC cruise ship to have two buffet restaurants;
- One of the main à la carte restaurants serves dinner in 3 sittings;
- Transparent panoramic Infinity Bridge and panoramic lifts;
- The cruise ship is equipped with one of the largest interactive water parks at sea;
- MSC Seaside has the largest SPA center in the whole cruise line’s fleet;
- Cabins with terraces having a view of the promenade;
- It is the first MSC ship to have the Zip Line bungee which is, in addition, the longest one at sea!